Billboard: Record Store Day Retailers Report Big Spikes, Best-Ever Sales

April 24th
….Meanwhile, even in stores where the day wasn’t the best ever, store owners and merchants said they were blown away by the day’s sales strength. “One of our biggest days in 40 years, top 10 for sure…I’m still shaking my head in disbelief,” Boo Boo Records Mike Smith wrote in an e-mail forwarded to Billboard. “RSD accounted for 45% of our sales Saturday, but the other 55% taken alone represents a whopping 4X what a normally healthy Saturday would have been.” Indeed, BuzzAngle Music, one of Record Store Day’s sponsors, reports that sales were up 646% from the previous Saturday (April 12), in the stores it tracks……   http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/6062947/record-store-day-retailers-report-big-spikes-best-ever-sales